Friday, March 9, 2012

Weekend Fun Time!




These are some of the things we have been up to this week, I am calling it weekend fun school because since Dino is home this week for spring break it feels like the weekend!  You will notice in some of these pictures Boo is covered in marker, she did this while coloring and didn't want me to wash it off so I decided it wouldn't harm anything to let her keep it on until bath time!

Boo really enjoyed hammering golf tees into some leftover styrofoam we found in the garage.  After awhile she put the hammer aside and started pushing the tees in with her hands, she worked really hard and when all the tees were in she took them all out and pushed them in the same holes over and over again!


She played with this for almost 40 minutes and was really upset when we had to put it away to wash up for lunch time.  I will definitely be bringing out this activity again in the next couple of days!


During Snack one day Dino decided to be a baby and wear a bib.


I even gave him a sippy cup!


Dino sorted pennies and we found a magnifying glass for him to get a good look at them.


Dino decided to make a porcupine for his snack one afternoon, he used toothpicks, an orange and blackberries.


He worked really hard at it!


Looks like the best part was eating it!


We took a bar of ivory soap and cut it in half and then put it in the microwave.  I found this idea here.


This was the result!


Boo liked to put toys in it, but was afraid to touch it.


Dino loved it!


Boo really didn't want to touch this, which is strange because usually she loves activities like this.


After the activity Dino asked what we would do with the dry soap pieces, I hadn't thought about this so we looked on the internet together and found out you can make liquid soap with dry soap.  We are planning to do this activity soon but I need to buy some glycerin first, so when we make liquid soap I will be sure to post some pics of it!

2 comments:

  1. Fun!! I love that your son decided to pretend to be a baby for snack time!! I'm all for play as a way to encourage good eating. This is one I never thought of, but I bet that some kids would eat things they normally wouldn't if they were "playing" at being a baby... inspiration!! I would love if you would link this up to Food Adventure Friday!

    http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/2012/03/food-adventure-friday-green-feast.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute when he wanted to pretend to be a baby! And yes I will go link up right now!

      Delete