Friday, February 24, 2012

Did I mention I am a foster mom?!

Wow, we recently welcomed 3 foster girls to our home and our lives have sure been busy and exciting!  Boo just turned 18 months old,  and the other girls are 15.5mths, 19.5mths, and 2.5 years old so you can imagine that I have been quite busy lately!  Dino really enjoys having the girls here, he likes to come up with little activities to do with the girls, his favourites are reading them books, playing hide and seek with seashells and letting them play with his lid collection.  Unfortunately I cannot put up pictures of the foster girls but I do all the activities with the girls that I do with Boo.  I have always had a schedule for Dino and Boo, and have continued this schedule with the girls as well.  It is going really well and the girls already know the schedule and are coping very well with it.  I am going to be posting a copy of this schedule as soon as I have the time because it works really well for me and I would like to share it with others.  I am also trying to plan Dino's 8th birthday party which is coming up on March 12th, he will be inviting some of his friends over for cake and ice cream so if anyone has any ideas for his party, like games or activities I would really appreciate it!  We always have a pinata at his party, and play spin the bottle to open his presents but besides that I don't have any good ideas for his age group.  Boo had her 18 month vaccine yesterday and did really well, she cried for maybe 20 seconds but after a cuddle with mama she was happy again!  I also took away her soother not only in the daytime but at night as well, she isn't too happy about this but it is getting easier for her each day. 

Here are a few pictures of activities I have been doing with Boo and the other girls in Tot School the last little while:

We have been going outside a lot, I brought out Boo's little slide and she loves it.  We practice taking turns with the other girls and this is going really well!



One day we took the bubbles out and I blew bubbles for the girls to catch, they really liked this.  I even let them take off their mittens and pop a few bubbles with their fingers since it wasn't too cold out.


We have been doing a lot of gross motor indoors with the push toys and ride on toys.  Boo is becoming an acrobat while mama is trying to teach her to be careful.


The girls really like these toys especially when Dino chases them around the house!


We recently bought this shopping cart from Walmart and the girls enjoy pushing their dolls and stuffed animals around in it and filling it up with toys!


Each day before supper Grandmaman comes upstairs and dances with the girls, we made some dancing ribbons by tying different colored ribbons to plastic shower curtain holders.


We did a couple of activities with our paper towel holder, this was one of them and the other was using plastic shower curtain holders.  We also practiced taking turns with this activity.


I have to show you Boo's new pyjamas, they are a little large for her but so cute and she loves wearing them!


This is my favourite picture of the week, Dino and Boo cuddling together on the couch watching a show on wild animals.  This was a very special moment for Dino because it is rare that Boo will cuddle with him for a long time like this!





For some more great Tot school ideas go to 1+1+1=1.  For some great home school ideas please go here, this is the homeschool creations site.

No comments:

Post a Comment